Minotaur takes place in a house filled with books, filled with readers and artists. It is also a house with soft lights, of endless evenings, of drowsiness, and of dreams. The house repels the outside world. Mexico is on fire, but the characters in «Minotaur» are sound asleep.
Director / Nicolás Pereda
Production / Maximiliano Cruz, Sandra Gómez, Nicolás Pereda
Screenplay / Nicolás Pereda
Cinematography / María Secco
Editing / Nicolás Pereda
Sound / José Miguel Enríquez
Production Companies / INTERIOR XIII
Cast / Gabino Rodríguez, Luisa Pardo, Francisco Barreiro, Elizabeth Tinoco, Teresa Sánchez, Citlali Domínguez, Luis Rodríguez, Julio Hernández
Canadá, México. 2015
Ficción, 56 min.
Mexico City, 1982. Pereda did his masters degree in film directing at York University. He has filmed six feature films and one short hilm that have awarded him many prized at different festivals worldwide. He has made several films and vidios for interdisciplinary montages, operas and dance pieces that have been presented in Mexico, Asia and Europe. Gabino Rodríguez and Teresa Sánchez are his main stars, but he has considered working with other actors an to hire Gabino as his asistant. He lives between Canada and Mexico, and is married to Andrea Bussmann. They have two children.
Pereda's films have been shown at many film festivals, such as: Cannes, Venecia, Rotterdam, FIDMarseille, Viena y Edinburgo, and has won several prizes at their competitions. His first film retrospecctivos took place at Cine de las Américas in Austin, Texas, in 2010. This one was followed by others: in Jeonju, Anthology Film Archives, Paris Cinema, Cartagena IFF, UCLA, Valdivia FF and Harvard Film Archive, among many others in Madris, Seattle, San Francisco, Belo Horizonte and the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto.
- Historias de dos que soñaron (Tales of Two Who Dreamt) 2016, 82 min., ficción * co-dirección Andrea Bussmann
- Minotauro 2015, 56 min., ficción
- Los ausentes 2014, 80 min., ficción
- El palacio (The Palace) 2013, 36 min., documental, HD
- Matar extraños (Killing Strangers) co-directed w/Jacob Schulsinger, 2013, 63 min., experimental, HD
- Los mejores temas (Greatest Hits) 2012, 103 min., ficción, HD
- Verano de Goliat (Summer of Goliath) 2010, 76min., ficción, 35mm
- Todo, en fin, el silencio lo ocupaba (All things were now overtaken by silence) 2010, 61 min, documental, HD
- Perpetuum Mobile 2009, 86 min, ficción, 35mm
- Entrevista con la tierra (Interview with the Earth) 2009, 18min, documental, HD
- Juntos (Together) 2009, 73min, ficción, HD
- ¿Dónde están sus historias? (Where are their stories?) 2007, 73min, ficción, 35mm
Festivales y Premios
- 2015 Festival Internacional de Cine Toronto
- 2015 Festival Internacional de Cine de Mar del Plata
- 2015 Festival de Cine de Nueva York
- 2016 Festival Internacional de Cine de Toronto
- 2016 FICUNAM: Premio Puma México