Gabino, Luisa and Paco live in a Mexico City appartment. They ran out of cold water and their refrigerator breaks down. After the loss of their dog, they travel to the country side.
Screenplay, direction, production and sound by / Nicolás Pereda
Cinematography / Alejandro Coronado
Cast / Gabino Rodríguez, Luisa Pardo, Francisco Barreiro
Mexico City, 1982. Pereda did his masters degree in film directing at York University. He has filmed six feature films and one short hilm that have awarded him many prized at different festivals worldwide. He has made several films and vidios for interdisciplinary montages, operas and dance pieces that have been presented in Mexico, Asia and Europe. Gabino Rodríguez and Teresa Sánchez are his main stars, but he has considered working with other actors an to hire Gabino as his asistant. He lives between Canada and Mexico, and is married to Andrea Bussmann. They have two children.
Pereda's films have been shown at many film festivals, such as: Cannes, Venecia, Rotterdam, FIDMarseille, Viena y Edinburgo, and has won several prizes at their competitions. His first film retrospecctivos took place at Cine de las Américas in Austin, Texas, in 2010. This one was followed by others: in Jeonju, Anthology Film Archives, Paris Cinema, Cartagena IFF, UCLA, Valdivia FF and Harvard Film Archive, among many others in Madris, Seattle, San Francisco, Belo Horizonte and the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto.
- 2016 — Historias de dos que soñaron (co-dirección con Andrea Bussmann )
- 2015 — Minotauro
- 2014 — Los ausentes
- 2013 — El palacio
- 2013 — Matar extraños (co-dirección con Jacob Schulsinger)
- 2010 — Verano de Goliat
- 2010 — Todo, en fin, el silencio lo ocupaba
- 2009 — Perpetuum Mobile
- 2009 — Entrevista con la tierra
- 2009 — Juntos
- 2007 —¿Dónde están sus historias?
Festivales y Premios
- 2009 Festival de Cine de Guadalajara
- 2009 Festival Internacional de Cine de Calrgary
- 2010 Festival Internacional de Cine Independiente de Buenos Aires
- World Cinema Amsterdam: Premio del jurado