Ignacio and Alejandra are producing a documentary about Comalapa. There, they meet Juan, a man whose father has been kidnaped and who has lost all hope in finding him. Juan knows who betrayed him, so he lives with an insatiable need for vengace, to which Alejandra and Ignacio are witnesses of.
Director / Julio Hernández Cordón
Screenplay / Julio Hernández Cordón, Mateo Irbarrén
Production / Fernanda del Nido, Pamela Guinea
Editing / Aina Calleja
Cinematography / María Seco
Cast / Alejandra Estrada, Fernando Martínez, Agustín Otríz Pérez, Eduardo Spiegeler, María Telón
Ficción, 80 min.
Julio Hernández Cordón
North Carolina, 1975 is a filmmaker. He studied teaching comunication in 2000 and later studied filmmaking at CCC in Mexico. After several shortfilms, he directed the feature films Gasolina (2008), that received many awards, which include best latinamerican movie in Horizons Film Festival and (2012), which received a grant from the Cinèfondation residency of Cannes. In 2015, his feature film I Promise You Anarcy was premiered at Lorcano Film Festival, where it compited for the Pardo d'Oro as the only latinamerican film. At Morelia Film Fest he won the Premio Guerrero for best Mexican movies as well as a special mention from the jury. His latest films Atràs hay relámpagos (2017) and Compráme un revólver, the latter premiering at the 50th Director's Fortnight in Cannes.
- 2018 — Cómprame un revolver
- 2017 — Atrás Hay Relámpagos
- 2015 — Te Prometo Anarquía
- 2012 — Polvo
- 2010 — Las marimbas del infierno
- 2008 — Gasolina
Festivales y Premios
- 2008 Festival Internacional de Cine de Amiens: Screenplay Creation Fonds
- 2012 Festival de Cine de Lorcano
- 2012 Festival Internacional de Cine de Toronto
- 2013 Festival Internacional Lume de Cinema
- 2013 Festival Internacional de Cine Lationamericano de Toulouse: Premio Corazonada
- 2013 Festival de Cine de Miami
- 2013 Festival Internacional de Cine de Valdivia: Mención Especial del Jurado Largometraje Internacional