Interview With the Earth is a study of the grive that traces death's ecoes around the relatives and friends of boy that passed away. This fascinating short film by Pereda expands the ambiguity between reality and fiction that is explored in his films. With a cast of amateur actor which give a deep auntenticity and power to the film. Paradoxically, this strengthens the open acknowleadgement of his deliberate artifice.
Director / Nicolás Pereda
Production / Nicolás Pereda (Enchinga Films)
Screenplay / Nicolás Pereda
Cinematography / Sebastian Hiriart
Cast / Amalio Miranda, Nico Miranda, Eufracia Miranda, Juana Rodríguez
Documentaries, 18 min.
Mexico City, 1982. Pereda did his masters degree in film directing at York University. He has filmed six feature films and one short hilm that have awarded him many prized at different festivals worldwide. He has made several films and vidios for interdisciplinary montages, operas and dance pieces that have been presented in Mexico, Asia and Europe. Gabino Rodríguez and Teresa Sánchez are his main stars, but he has considered working with other actors an to hire Gabino as his asistant. He lives between Canada and Mexico, and is married to Andrea Bussmann. They have two children.
Pereda's films have been shown at many film festivals, such as: Cannes, Venecia, Rotterdam, FIDMarseille, Viena y Edinburgo, and has won several prizes at their competitions. His first film retrospecctivos took place at Cine de las Américas in Austin, Texas, in 2010. This one was followed by others: in Jeonju, Anthology Film Archives, Paris Cinema, Cartagena IFF, UCLA, Valdivia FF and Harvard Film Archive, among many others in Madris, Seattle, San Francisco, Belo Horizonte and the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto.
- Historias de dos que soñaron (Tales of Two Who Dreamt) 2016, 82 min., ficción * co-dirección Andrea Bussmann
- Minotauro 2015, 56 min., ficción
- Los ausentes 2014, 80 min., ficción
- El palacio (The Palace) 2013, 36 min., documental, HD
- Matar extraños (Killing Strangers) co-directed w/Jacob Schulsinger, 2013, 63 min., experimental, HD
- Los mejores temas (Greatest Hits) 2012, 103 min., ficción, HD
- Verano de Goliat (Summer of Goliath) 2010, 76min., ficción, 35mm
- Todo, en fin, el silencio lo ocupaba (All things were now overtaken by silence) 2010, 61 min, documental, HD
- Perpetuum Mobile 2009, 86 min, ficción, 35mm
- Entrevista con la tierra (Interview with the Earth) 2009, 18min, documental, HD
- Juntos (Together) 2009, 73min, ficción, HD
- ¿Dónde están sus historias? (Where are their stories?) 2007, 73min, ficción, 35mm
Festivales y Premios
- Best Mexican Documentary
Beca IMJUVE for New Talents
- Honorable Mention Documentary Short at Expresión en Corto
- Best Documentary at Curtas Vila do Conde
- Best Film Levante International Film Festival