In the 15th century, both France and England claimed the French throne. Believing that God had chosen her, young Joanna led the army of the King of France. When she is captured, the Church sends her to trial for heresy. Refusing to accept the accusations, the elegant Joan of Arc will remain faithful to her mission.
Director / Bruno Dumont
Screenplay / Bruno Dumont
Producers / Rachid Bouchareb, Jean Bréhat, Muriel Merlin
Cinematography / David Chambille
Editing / Basile Belkhiri, Bruno Dumon
Cast / Lise Leplat Prudhomme, Jean-Francois Causeret, Daniel Dienne, Fabien Fenet,
Robert Hanicotte, Yves Habert, Fabrice Luchini, Christophe
Ficción, 137 min.
(Bailleul, 1958) Bruno Dumont is a French film director. To date, he has directed several feature films, all of which border somewhere between realistic drama and the avant-garde. His first feature film La vie de Jésus was selected at Directors' Fortnight. His films have won several awards at the Cannes films Festival. Two of Dumont's films have won the Grand Prix award: both L'Humanité (1999) and Flandres (2006). The only other director who has twice won the Cannes Grand Prix is Andrei Tarkovsky. Dumont's Hadewijch won the 2009 Prize of the International Critics (FIPRESCI Prize) for Special Presentation at the Toronto Film Festival. In 2016, Slack Bay, starring Juliette Binoche and Fabrice Luchini, was presented in Competition at the Cannes International Film Festival. The year after, Jeannette, a musical adaptation of Charles Péguy’s writings about Joan of Arc, is selected in Cannes’ Directors Fortnight.
- 2019 «Joan of Arc» - Cannes Film Festival - Un Certain Regard
- 2018 «Coincoin and the Extra-Humans» - Locarno Film Festival - Golden Honor Leopard
- 2017 «Jeannette» - Cannes Film Festival - Directors Fortnight
- 2016 «Slack Bay» - Cannes Film Festival - Competition
- 2014 «Lil’Quinquin» - Cannes Film Festival - Directors Fortnight
- 2013 «Camille Claudel 1915» - Berlin Film Festival - Competition
- 2011 «Outside Satan» - Cannes Film Festival - Un Certain Regard
- 2009 «Hadewijch» - Toronto Film Festival - FIPRESCI Prize
- 2006 «Flandres» - Cannes Film Festival - Grand Prix
- 2003 «Twentynine Palms» - Cannes Film Festival - Competition
- 1999 «Humanity» - Cannes Film Festival - Grand Prix
- 1997 «The Life of Jesus» - Cannes Film Festival - Golden Camera’s Special Mention
Festivales y Premios
- 2019 Festival de Cannes: Mención Especial "Un Certain Regard"
- 2019 Premio Louis Delluc: Mejor película
- 2020 Premios César
- 2020 Premios Lumières
- 2020 FICUNAM